Friday, May 11, 2007

Not my cousin!!!!!!

Holy shit.

I signed onto my myspace acct to read the latest with various ppl in my family, only to read my second cousins blog. Not only is he and his wife expecting a baby but, he was JUST diagnosed with Gastric cancer.

WTF???

Ok So here it is....I was diagnosed with Gastric cancer. I still am coming to terms with it myself. Stomach Cancer....Really? Are you sure I asked her? Me? I mean I know I've had some swallowing issues but is it cancer? It doesn't hurt all the time...it only hurts when food gets stuck. Cancer....I mean is it my name on that piece of paper you're reading to me? Hmm...yeah thats me alright thats my name. Ok Doctor thank you. Thank you....thanks for telling me I guess...hard to be polite about something like that.
Here it goes.....so far as I know treatment will go something like this.....I start Chemotherapy next Thursday. Chemo for 3 months. Surgery after I recover some and then Chemo for another 3 months. That should get rid of it. Thats what they tell me.

Heres the answers to the questions you're likely asking:

I don't have a prognosis...they don't yet know what my chances are as I'm still in Staging (testing) phase.......HOWEVER.

CT Scan today showed one tumor very localized not spread allover and very small. It seems I've won the Cancer Lottery.


Surgery is likely going to remove some of the parts of my innards that I am very attached to....part of my esophagus and maybe some stomach.....feeding tube for awhile and have to relearn how to eat....but surgery more to follow in 3 to 4 months.
His blog link is listed on the right hand side; Josh Fredrick.

No comments: