Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Family bible and Christmas thoughts


On Jan 20th 2009, the Lincoln Bible will be used when Obama (a black brother) when he's sworn into office. Amazing on how a bible that was given to Abe by the black people of Maryland is going to be used by another black, as he's steps into power of the US.



I was recalling a Christmas when both of my older brothers were overseas; one in Nam and the other in Germany. Wanting both at home for the holiday and being clear across the world, it just wasn't feasible. Christmas Eve mom get's a phone call from Melvin (who was stationed in Germany and wasn't going to be home) but little did we know when the clock struck morning that a knock happened on the door. There stood Melvin in his glory; uniform and duffel bag on his back. I tell ya... I think that was one Christmas that I'll never will forget.

No comments: