Saturday, July 14, 2007

Time traveling

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I wish that there was a way to do time travel. Where would you like to go? Who would you like to visit? Places to see?
The place that I would so dearly love to visit is Shangoloo Lousianna. The place where my ancestors came from. My father traveled there once, when he was a youngster when he, and his siblings, piled into the 1932 Model T, and drove all the way back on Route 66 to get there.
John R. "Jack" Caswell would be one of the many ppl that I would like to talk with. Just who was he? He was a 2nd great grandfather of mine (through Dad's side). The family lost the plantation during the Civil war which, is why they up'd and moved further south out of Arkansas to Louisiana. Jack and most of his children (My grandpa James Madison C) being the last of Dad's line to be buried there. I won't mention why James's boys (3 of em) where caught Moon shining, nor will I mention the fact that one of the uncles shot the sheriff in the leg, which was blown off by standing several feet away with a double barrel shotgun.
There wouldn't be our modern day devices (cell phones, computers, tv, fast food) and instead, we'd be using horse and buggies, telegraph and read about Indian raids inplace of gang activity.
It would be really interesting... it really would.

No comments: