Saturday, June 09, 2007

Grandparents and cousins


I've got both. Coming out of the woodwork. Well; cousins that is. I've been spending the last 72 hours working on a co-workers family tree, with tracking down just, where the Native American comes in at and, I've hit a gold mine. What kind of gold mine?

We're distant cousins!!!

I couldn't believe it myself. I mean, here I've researched that side of the family tree (MULLIN) for ages and only traced it back to where I have the names and info of my 4th great-grandparents and, actual documentation showing that he never did follow through with signing up for on the Dawes list (Cherokee Nation). He had fell and broke his leg and was unable to travel (it was back before we had cars and you relyed on horse and buggy). Face it; would you had want to travel for MILES in the back of a wagon, just so that you can register yourself as a Native American back then? I doubt that he wanted to do just that. Anyway; long story short, his Aunt was my co-worker's grandmother. Ruth STARR-BEAN. Pretty dam cool I say.

Then there's the other bingo; locating the WWII Registration Card for my mother's step-father; John Pierfelice. THEN!!! I find out that he had been married twice! Christ! You'd think that he wouldn't want to marry SISTERS for gods sakes!?! I'll be sending off for the marriage certs and hopefully it'll give me somemore info on when he had come over from Italy. Those dam Italians are hard to trace.

1 comment:

Shelena Pierfelice said...

Hi my name is Shelena M Pierfelice, i am John and Mary's granddaughter. I would love to find out any info on about my grandparents, I have lost contact with my father, johnny... I some how come across your bloggs and i am pretty sure were cousins.. If i am correct your mom is my aunt Ellen, Please contact me back at lena111374@yahoo.com or you can find me on facebook.. Thank you...